Friday, February 06, 2009

Garden Plans for 09 so far

Plans for 2009


Garden Layout – I have decided to cut our garden size in half this year. Instead of planting in wide rectangular beds, I am planting in circular beds inspired by the system set up by Linda Woodrow in her book called The Permaculture Home Garden.

Chicken Tractor – Building a dome PVC Chicken tractor to move around the garden for soil cultivation and fertilization

Water Conservation: - Re Routing grey water from our washer into the garden, very heavy layers of rice straw mulch ala Ruth Stouts “No Work Method”, cutting back on the amount of veggies grown. No more sprinkler irrigation (drip only), Rain Barrels. Composting In Place

Moving??- We may be buying a new home this year. We’ve been doing a lot of looking, but have not found the right place yet.

It’s time to start posting again….Took a nice long break, but it’s time to get the garden going again. Stay tuned
Sarah

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay! You're back! So glad. I'd wondered what your garden was up to with the rain...

Angelina said...

Yes, you do need to start posting again! Now I have a google reader set up so I will add you to it so I don't miss you when you do post.

Are you cutting down on the vegetables because you might be moving? But wait- don't you have half an acre?! Do you not own it? Because I could totally see wanting your own place if that's the case.

AJK said...

Glad you're back! I was on a posting break too, since we were moving as well. Can't wait to see the round beds. Are they keyhole style?

Keke said...

Baby come back...Oh, sorry I was thinking of the mop commercial! LOL
Seriously, you have to post again, I've put you in my side bar. Post the new house, you can do before and after from escrow fixer upper to amazing palace! P.S. Sorry I missed your call the other day, call me, I'm dying for the details!
XO Keke