Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Fall Flowers




The last month has been a busy time around here. I haven't found time for posting, so I have a lot to get caught up on. I've been busy harvesting and canning and putting in the winter garden. I was out enjoying the flowers still blooming in the garden and saw a monarch enjoying one of our zinnias. The zinnia flowers just popped up this year. I think they may have been part of a mix that I sprinkled out in the early spring. I will be saving some of the seeds to plant again next year. The Cosmos have been especially pretty this fall. I love plants and will be saving as many seeds as possible. I'm also going to be dividing huge clumps of irises, society garlic, shasta daisys, agapanthas, lambs ears, forth of july's, and cannas. There is so much to do in the garden, I could spend all day outside and never get everything done. Not to mention, I do have a full time job and amateur Roller Derby Career going on too. Please forgive my posting lapse, I'm back on track now :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

all is forgiven! I haven't been checking for the last couple days and wow! Three (maybe more!) posts to read. Thanks.
(and may I have some garden leftovers if you don't have any other use for them? I'll trade you for some bread for your zinfandel jelly...

Anonymous said...

Good Job!! You planted very beautiful flowers in your garden.